Yes, I AM certifiable
Well, a busy week, indeed. Cheer practice, soccer practice, work, church, doctors appts. sheesh, no time left.
No pix of Sierra cheering. The game was in the afternoon and the girls were all hot, sweaty & tired. BUT.....they definately kicked the other team's cheerleaders' butts!!!! No, I'm not partial...other people commented onhow well The Magnificent Seven did, cheering the whole game, doing their dance, long cheer & pyramid. Which the other team did none of. This week's game is at 9:15 & LJ's is at 10:00, yet another conflict.
We had an interesting week. The police came for a visit. LJ decided that he wanted to talk with a police officer and dialed 911 when I went out to check the garden. The officers were very understanding and nicely talked to LJ about only calling 911 in an emergency.
We had our teacher/parent conference this week. Sierra's teacher seems very competent and Sierra loves her to death. We were informed that she is reading above the exit requirements for 1st graders to be promoted to second grade. I bit my lip hard from asking that they move her up to 2nd where she should be in the first place. Sierra has a job in her class. She is the secretary and gets to answer the phone when it rings. Yes, all the classrooms have phones.
Oh-back to being certifiable, LOL. I am a Daisy scout co-leader, now. In addition to cheer coach, room mom, team mom, grant researcher/writer, Sock Hop committee member, Thursday folder organizer (You'd be surprised at how necessary that job actually is. Apparently organizational skills are highly lacking in others.) I told Les that I may have to actually get one of those Blackberry thingies. Except I think it would take me too long to figure out how to use it.
Sierra is fundraising for school. She hit up the neighborhood-rather Ellie hit up the neighborhood. Sierra just stood there and smiled.- and one neighbor purchase $165 worth of chocolate from her. I'm pretty sure he doesn't realize he's only going to get about 17 pieces of chocolate. This makes her eligible for the prize she was dying to get........drum roll........a mini blender! Geeze-o-flip......why would anyone think that a blender would be a good gift for a 6 year old, or worse.....a 12 year old. Now that she has gotten a taste of success, she now covets the i-pod docking station thingy w/ lights. Hers for only 8 more sold items. Check your emails ;)
Sierra's also so excited she can't stand it. Her birthday is in only two days & the presents are piling up. Doesn't help that her brother is taunting her about the gift he got her. He is a sweetheart tho'. He saved her a vanilla scone from Starbucks. If nothing else, my kids are fed well.
I'm trying my hand at facebook. I didn't really feel my age until signing up for that. A bunch of my online pals talked me into it. Ugh.
Oh-and one more thing. I have a good friend who has been displaced because of Ike. She and her family have fortunately been offered the use of an out of town friend's home but they've pretty much lost everything inside their home. Please take a moment to pray for Aimee, Jeff,and their kids Isaac, Talullah & Penelope. (These are my friends that came to the beach last year when we celebrated Sierra's birthday at Galveston) Their insurance company is giving them the run around.
TTFN:)
No pix of Sierra cheering. The game was in the afternoon and the girls were all hot, sweaty & tired. BUT.....they definately kicked the other team's cheerleaders' butts!!!! No, I'm not partial...other people commented onhow well The Magnificent Seven did, cheering the whole game, doing their dance, long cheer & pyramid. Which the other team did none of. This week's game is at 9:15 & LJ's is at 10:00, yet another conflict.
We had an interesting week. The police came for a visit. LJ decided that he wanted to talk with a police officer and dialed 911 when I went out to check the garden. The officers were very understanding and nicely talked to LJ about only calling 911 in an emergency.
We had our teacher/parent conference this week. Sierra's teacher seems very competent and Sierra loves her to death. We were informed that she is reading above the exit requirements for 1st graders to be promoted to second grade. I bit my lip hard from asking that they move her up to 2nd where she should be in the first place. Sierra has a job in her class. She is the secretary and gets to answer the phone when it rings. Yes, all the classrooms have phones.
Oh-back to being certifiable, LOL. I am a Daisy scout co-leader, now. In addition to cheer coach, room mom, team mom, grant researcher/writer, Sock Hop committee member, Thursday folder organizer (You'd be surprised at how necessary that job actually is. Apparently organizational skills are highly lacking in others.) I told Les that I may have to actually get one of those Blackberry thingies. Except I think it would take me too long to figure out how to use it.
Sierra is fundraising for school. She hit up the neighborhood-rather Ellie hit up the neighborhood. Sierra just stood there and smiled.- and one neighbor purchase $165 worth of chocolate from her. I'm pretty sure he doesn't realize he's only going to get about 17 pieces of chocolate. This makes her eligible for the prize she was dying to get........drum roll........a mini blender! Geeze-o-flip......why would anyone think that a blender would be a good gift for a 6 year old, or worse.....a 12 year old. Now that she has gotten a taste of success, she now covets the i-pod docking station thingy w/ lights. Hers for only 8 more sold items. Check your emails ;)
Sierra's also so excited she can't stand it. Her birthday is in only two days & the presents are piling up. Doesn't help that her brother is taunting her about the gift he got her. He is a sweetheart tho'. He saved her a vanilla scone from Starbucks. If nothing else, my kids are fed well.
I'm trying my hand at facebook. I didn't really feel my age until signing up for that. A bunch of my online pals talked me into it. Ugh.
Oh-and one more thing. I have a good friend who has been displaced because of Ike. She and her family have fortunately been offered the use of an out of town friend's home but they've pretty much lost everything inside their home. Please take a moment to pray for Aimee, Jeff,and their kids Isaac, Talullah & Penelope. (These are my friends that came to the beach last year when we celebrated Sierra's birthday at Galveston) Their insurance company is giving them the run around.
TTFN:)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home