A Day in the Life

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. " Ronald Reagan

My Photo
Name:
Location: Prosper, Texas, United States

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Happy Constitution Day!

We the People.........Did you know that today is Constitution Day? Do you know the Preamble? We were required to recite it in high school and I still remember it. Our elected officials could use a refresher course on it & it's contents.

Sierra survived the drills today. She happily announced that they did not use the sirens. School is apparently going well for her. We had our "mandatory" conference yesterday. I found it to be a complete waste of time and it further heightened my disgust with the public school system. It bothers me that these so called professionals feel they are superior to the parents of the students they are supposed to be teaching.

It was a nice, quiet weekend. We stayed in & painted.

This is LJ's room. It isn't quite finished yet since I cannot find border or a stencil to suit me. But it's getting there. I painted white on the top 10 inches for a stencil. I was planning on stripes for the blue but I think that'll get too busy.

My cousin Jimmy is getting to come back to San Antonio for 6 months. Hopefully he'll be able to make some holidays so he doesn't have to eat mess hall chow.

Special thoughts & get well wishes going out to my Aunt Lois! I hope you're feeling well & bounce back soon! We're thinking of you :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home