A Day in the Life

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. " Ronald Reagan

My Photo
Name:
Location: Prosper, Texas, United States

Saturday, August 04, 2007

A blah, ho-hum week.

Well, there hasn't been too much excitement going on here lately. Our car broke down on Tuesday-payday of course. LJ & I were on our way to Wal-Mart to do our bi-weekly shopping and the car just didn't seem right, so I turned to come home and it died in the high school parking lot. I was able to get it going long enough to get it to the shop and good thing it stalled because we could have done some serious damage had we continued to drive it.

No sooner did we get that out of the way than I got sick. You just cannot be sick when you have well children. Nuff said.

Ellie did get to spend some time with her friend Michelle. The friend she met @ the NAMiss pageant. Michelle's mom was gracious enough to come get Ellie on Thursday, as I lay dying. They went to 6 Flags on Friday and then they hung out today and took in a movie. Ellie the critic says Bratz can be skipped, just in case anyone wasn't sure, LOL.

Sierra is back in gymnastics and is enjoying it so much more now that she has a female coach. She's really doing very well. She's almost perfected a cartwheel and is working on all that hard stuff now. We took her shopping today for her school supplies. (The school will not be happy with me but I'm not sweating it.) She's so excited to begin now. We ran into a friend from Friends in Christ and found out they have just moved to Prosper and will be attending the same school. Hopefully for them, they will have the same teacher-hopefully for the teacher, they will not. Sierra feels that any occasion is a social one-I think we're going to have loads of fun this year.

LJ wants to take gymnastics too. We're thinking of having him take ice skating lessons tho', so he can keep up with almost everyone else. He still has me beat. Why can't they roller skate???????????? He also enjoyed playing a "prank" on his daddy this week. Les & LJ were having words outside while I was getting Sierra ready for bed. LJ came in the house & locked Les out. He didn't simply lock the door & wander off. He locked the kitchen door & stood there holding the curtain back until he got Les's attention. As Les tried to come in, LJ did his victory "dance" and then ran off. Leaving Les outside. Les didn't find it as amusing as I did and when I was finally able to get to the door & let him in, LJ quickly ran to hide. Didn't I tell you we have fun?;)

My cousin Jimmy will be visiting with us, soon I hope! He has to put in papers & have it approved but will hopefully be able to come see us this month. He's finishing up his canine training @ Lackland and then headed of again to heaven only knows where.

We're surprising the kids-the young ones that is-with tix to the circus next Sunday. We got front row seats so hopefully they'll be able to see everything! The big kid has lost any interest in the circus.

No new pix-maybe next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home