Potty Progress???????
Do I even dare jot this down, knowing I will have cursed myself? I have been more persistant in urging LJ to use the potty. No force, just having him wear some underwear-we've experienced a few puddles, BTW- asking him several times a day if he wants to sit on the potty & that kind of thing. Well, tonight after his bath he trots over to the commode and assumes the position & aims perfectly, much to my amazement. (I didn't think he was tall enough to see where he was aiming, so I had been putting the step-stool by the toilet-apparently he doesn't need it.) He claims this is fun. Fun huh? If you're having such a great time, why didn't you start sooner so I could quit washing all of those diapers, LOL.
Here is the last decent sized peach from our "crop". The kids really had fun watching the flowers change to fruit and then checking them everyday to see how big they were getting. The peaches really could have gone a few more days on the tree but we just couldn't wait. Maybe next year we'll have more patience.
Here's a nice shot of a spider LJ & I found. The picture doesn't really do the arachnid justice. It was sooooooo much bigger in real life;) It was very hairy in case you can't tell. Surprisingly, it let us probe it without any fight. I wasn't sure if it was really alive, so I flipped it with a stick. Yep-it's alive. I flipped it back. It just sat there. It didn't try to run. I've only seen tarantulas behind glass, so this was a bit of a shock. LJ wasn't nearly as impressed as I was and he was actually a bit perturbed that I wouldn't allow him to flip the spider with a stick, too.

Hockey season has started. This is a nice shot of what your foot will look like when you block a shot that someone takes about 6 feet away from you. (That would be the foot on the right) Kids-don't try this at home. The visit to the dr to have a hole drilled in your toe nail is not a pleasant one. It was a wasted effort as the team lost the game anyway.
Here is the last decent sized peach from our "crop". The kids really had fun watching the flowers change to fruit and then checking them everyday to see how big they were getting. The peaches really could have gone a few more days on the tree but we just couldn't wait. Maybe next year we'll have more patience.
Here's a nice shot of a spider LJ & I found. The picture doesn't really do the arachnid justice. It was sooooooo much bigger in real life;) It was very hairy in case you can't tell. Surprisingly, it let us probe it without any fight. I wasn't sure if it was really alive, so I flipped it with a stick. Yep-it's alive. I flipped it back. It just sat there. It didn't try to run. I've only seen tarantulas behind glass, so this was a bit of a shock. LJ wasn't nearly as impressed as I was and he was actually a bit perturbed that I wouldn't allow him to flip the spider with a stick, too.
Hockey season has started. This is a nice shot of what your foot will look like when you block a shot that someone takes about 6 feet away from you. (That would be the foot on the right) Kids-don't try this at home. The visit to the dr to have a hole drilled in your toe nail is not a pleasant one. It was a wasted effort as the team lost the game anyway.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home