Hot Weather's Here.
We're looking @ 90's this week. It's nice to have the warm weather here w/ the exception of having to run the AC. We did switch our utility company to one that is more "green" and cheaper, so we have seen some relief in our bills. However, we have not seen relief from the mosquitoes. We had to purchase our first bottle of bug repellent & boy is it difficult to find one that is DEET free. Hopefully this will keep LJ from getting attacked and suffering all those hideous bites.
Vacation Bible School was this past week and unfortunately not everyone got to participate :( LJ went the 1st day-reluctantly- but we weren't able to send him back because of a fever & rash. Sierra had a great time with her friends and the arts & crafts were right up her alley. Emily is too old for VBS but she helped out and had a great time.
This week is pretty slow for us, just gymnastics for Sierra & the library for storytime. One of the local theatre chains is doing a summer series for kids. They show a G or PG movie for $1. Too bad it takes $10 in gas to get there & back and they aren't showing any movies we would like to see until the end of July;)
I saw the list for what Sierra will need for Kindergarten. Here it is:
Kindergarten Supply List
1 - Sharpie black fine marker-Why do 5 year olds need sharpies????
3 - 24 count Crayola crayons-THREE BOXES?????
1 - 3x5 plain index cards, 100ct.- Just what we need, more flash cards
1 - pink bevel eraser - Don't they know my kids don't make mistakes, LOL
1 - sharp 5” Fiskar scissor - I guess dull scissors just won't cut it-get it? cut it
2 - 70ct. spiral composition book wide rule - I know my child is smart but I'm not so sure she'll be composing much in K
4 - 4oz. Elmer’s glue gel - So- 1 16 oz. bottle won't work?
1 - washable Crayola thick classic markers set - They ask for Sharpies AND washable markers-Am I the only one who sees the absurdity in this request??????
2 - Expo black chisel tip dry erase marker - Working @ the white board are we????
1 - 1” hardback vinyl binder - ????? Why does a K'er need a binder?????
1 - nylon pencil bag clear - obviously this will go in binder, so why do we need the school box?
1 - 200 ct. Kleenex tissue - I'm tired of supplying a gazillion tissues (see art supplies) when sick kids should stay at home. They never seemed to have a problem calling when the oldest child said she didn;t feel well. Kids who need tissues need to be @ home and if they suffer allergies, then their parents should send them to school with tissues.
1 - school box - See pencil bag
12 - #2 pencils - what happened to those big fat "training" pencils?
1 - 100ct. filler paper wide rule - What happened to the paper designed for kids learning how to write?
2 - 9x12 Manila paper, 50ct. - What on earth are they going to do with 100 pieces (each) of manila paper????
1 - ream of copy paper - Xeroxing 101??????
ART SUPPLIES
1 - bright white package of 40 or more - I'm assuming this is parent's choice of item as long as there is at least 40, it's bright & white. This could be dangerous with the drug crowd.
2 - pkgs. of magic rub erasers - Hmmmm.... since I have no idea what magic rub erasers are, would 2 packages of regular ones along w/ David Copperfield suffice? I hear he's cheaper than getting all the stuff on this list.
2 - pkgs. of Sharpie fine point permanent markers, black - Back to these wretched Sharpies. Don't these people know that 5 year olds & permanent markers don't mix????
8 -colored Sharpie fine point permanent markers -See above
1 - tub of wet wipes - What-no sinks for kids to wash their hands?
2 - pkgs. of paper towels - Why????? My kid is "washing" her hands with baby wipes.
1 - box of Kleenex Damn Kleenex AGAIN!!!
1 - quart of liquid starch- Well, would they like a washer/dryer set with that quart of starch or will a simple iron suffice?
I am furious at the ever growing list of items I have to supply when I am paying $4000 a year in SCHOOL TAXES. I called to get a copy of the budget for the upcoming school year. I want to know where all of my money is going. I was directed to the website of PISD. I informed the secretary I had already visited the website & it was nowhere to be found. I read to her what I saw since she insisted it was there. "Ma'am, all I see is the proposed budget for 2006-2007." "That's it," she cheerfully replies. Um......OK Now I see why we are in trouble. Homeschooling is becoming more of a reality at this point.
Vacation Bible School was this past week and unfortunately not everyone got to participate :( LJ went the 1st day-reluctantly- but we weren't able to send him back because of a fever & rash. Sierra had a great time with her friends and the arts & crafts were right up her alley. Emily is too old for VBS but she helped out and had a great time.
This week is pretty slow for us, just gymnastics for Sierra & the library for storytime. One of the local theatre chains is doing a summer series for kids. They show a G or PG movie for $1. Too bad it takes $10 in gas to get there & back and they aren't showing any movies we would like to see until the end of July;)
I saw the list for what Sierra will need for Kindergarten. Here it is:
Kindergarten Supply List
1 - Sharpie black fine marker-Why do 5 year olds need sharpies????
3 - 24 count Crayola crayons-THREE BOXES?????
1 - 3x5 plain index cards, 100ct.- Just what we need, more flash cards
1 - pink bevel eraser - Don't they know my kids don't make mistakes, LOL
1 - sharp 5” Fiskar scissor - I guess dull scissors just won't cut it-get it? cut it
2 - 70ct. spiral composition book wide rule - I know my child is smart but I'm not so sure she'll be composing much in K
4 - 4oz. Elmer’s glue gel - So- 1 16 oz. bottle won't work?
1 - washable Crayola thick classic markers set - They ask for Sharpies AND washable markers-Am I the only one who sees the absurdity in this request??????
2 - Expo black chisel tip dry erase marker - Working @ the white board are we????
1 - 1” hardback vinyl binder - ????? Why does a K'er need a binder?????
1 - nylon pencil bag clear - obviously this will go in binder, so why do we need the school box?
1 - 200 ct. Kleenex tissue - I'm tired of supplying a gazillion tissues (see art supplies) when sick kids should stay at home. They never seemed to have a problem calling when the oldest child said she didn;t feel well. Kids who need tissues need to be @ home and if they suffer allergies, then their parents should send them to school with tissues.
1 - school box - See pencil bag
12 - #2 pencils - what happened to those big fat "training" pencils?
1 - 100ct. filler paper wide rule - What happened to the paper designed for kids learning how to write?
2 - 9x12 Manila paper, 50ct. - What on earth are they going to do with 100 pieces (each) of manila paper????
1 - ream of copy paper - Xeroxing 101??????
ART SUPPLIES
1 - bright white package of 40 or more - I'm assuming this is parent's choice of item as long as there is at least 40, it's bright & white. This could be dangerous with the drug crowd.
2 - pkgs. of magic rub erasers - Hmmmm.... since I have no idea what magic rub erasers are, would 2 packages of regular ones along w/ David Copperfield suffice? I hear he's cheaper than getting all the stuff on this list.
2 - pkgs. of Sharpie fine point permanent markers, black - Back to these wretched Sharpies. Don't these people know that 5 year olds & permanent markers don't mix????
8 -colored Sharpie fine point permanent markers -See above
1 - tub of wet wipes - What-no sinks for kids to wash their hands?
2 - pkgs. of paper towels - Why????? My kid is "washing" her hands with baby wipes.
1 - box of Kleenex Damn Kleenex AGAIN!!!
1 - quart of liquid starch- Well, would they like a washer/dryer set with that quart of starch or will a simple iron suffice?
I am furious at the ever growing list of items I have to supply when I am paying $4000 a year in SCHOOL TAXES. I called to get a copy of the budget for the upcoming school year. I want to know where all of my money is going. I was directed to the website of PISD. I informed the secretary I had already visited the website & it was nowhere to be found. I read to her what I saw since she insisted it was there. "Ma'am, all I see is the proposed budget for 2006-2007." "That's it," she cheerfully replies. Um......OK Now I see why we are in trouble. Homeschooling is becoming more of a reality at this point.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home