A Day in the Life

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. " Ronald Reagan

My Photo
Name:
Location: Prosper, Texas, United States

Sunday, May 27, 2007

A quiet weekend-Too quiet.

School is out and now I must find a way to entertain 3 high energy kids for the next 13 weeks-ACK!!!!!

I had many glorious plans for our long weekend. All trumped by mother nature. I have a garden that needs to be finished, a fence that needs to be put up & a yard that is in terrible need of mowing. The intermittent rain has certainly nixed everything. I think we'll still be able to pull off a cook-out of sorts and I'm planning on installing our flag.

Our excursion to Kansas proved to be successful. After an initial loss, Smokey's was able to come back with 4 straight wins to claim the Kansas Cup for the 2nd year in a row. The drive home was made in record time - 5 hours, including stops - and we all managed to stay in one piece :)

FUNNY OF THE WEEK: My in-laws invited the kids & me over for lunch one day this week. Aunt Pam passed out oreo type cookies to the little ones when they finished their meals. LJ quickly ate one cookie & left the other. A little later in the afternoon LJ offered his second cookie to Gammy. Gammy went to open the cookie to eat the filling & discovered she had been beaten to it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

Good way to keep all updated.
Jimmy is hoping for "recruiter duty" here for 3+ weeks to save leave, spend time with family, and avoid "crap" duty until his school starts. He hopes to arrive end of June...will let you know. JW is practicing being retired....official July 3, but lots of leave to use or lose.
Sheryl & Jason doing fine....he is growing like weeds

7:25 AM  
Blogger The Beyer Family said...

ah ha ... the blog bug has bitten. now see how easy it is to keep up with it on a daily basis. :) I used to be so good at keeping it updated - I also used to be good about keeping my digi camera battery charged. Darn thing ... isn't charged therefore there are not many current pictures of T man. I guess while he's napping I'll run charge the battery and prepare for a photo shoot. I love this blog - please keep up with it and add some pictures so I can remember what my sis and her family look like. :) Love you guys, sissy

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home