One down, 12 to go.........
7:00AM-lying in bed contemplating the tasks for the day. I'm thinking a nice quiet cup of coffee paired with the news headlines makes for a good start.
7:11AM-LJ decides he has lain in bed long enough. Our exchange:
Me: "LJ, why don't you wake daddy up for once and have him entertain you this morning?"
LJ: "Because he won't get up." (Said in that tone of you should know better than to ask such a silly question)
OK-He's already one step ahead of me and we haven't even crawled out of the bed yet. This will be an interesting day I'm sure.
3 minutes later the coffee's perking and Punky slinks her way into the kitchen with us -my chances of watching the news have grown even dimmer- Obviously she is not ready for the day when she sleepily slides to the table and demands toast for breakfast. The ensuing echange between them:
LJ, Her always well mannered little brother: "What do you say after toast?"
Sierra: Death stare directed @ aforementioned well mannered child
LJ: "Thank you, you're supposed to say thank you"
Me: trying very hard to hold back the tears of hysterical laughter. After managing to compose myself, I remind well mannered child that please is the correct word.
After I get breakfast for the kids, I attempt to catch up on the message board I moderate-fat chance. Minutes after logging in, the herd comes a runnin. OK-TV will be a nice diversion. After a couple of minutes, the herd comes a runnin again. UGH!!!!!! Of course, had I sat down to watch the news there would have been a major meltdown because someone couldn't watch Wonder Pets. BTW-Wonder Pets is blaring in the living room while the herd is at my feet playing w/ the Cars collection. I don't even dare think about Fox News.
This has been a pretty uneventful week. The rain we got prevented a lot of outdoor activities like the pool, the backyard, the playground. We did manage to make it to the park yesterday after lunch. The kids played in the giant sandbox and then we took a nice walk to the pond while we (read I) flew our kites. One of the good things about Texas is the constant breeze we have. Sierra enjoyed leading us through the maze of wooded trails. I'm thinking a hike of the Appalachain Trail is in our future :)
Memorial Day turned out nice despite the rain. We were able to grill between showers and get the flag up. Les's parent & aunt came over along with our friends Liz and Matt. We're trying to sell Liz & Matt the lot next door to us since we're still sparsely populated in our phase of the subdivision ;)
I've been tackling insurance this past week. What a racket! There's more loopholes in insurance policies than there are in the tax code. They don't make it easy but I think we've managed to get everything straightened out. We got more coverage for less $, so that is a good thing.
Well, that's our week in a nutshell. I'm in the process of figuring out how to post pix & will get some up when I do.
The week ahead: VBS
Funny of the week: One night getting LJ to bed proved to be challenging. For whatever reason, he just couldn't fall asleep. He did have his eyes closed, so I would "test" to see if he had drifted off to sleep yet, by saying "good night" to him.
Me: Good night, Bubba
LJ: Good night
Me: I love you
LJ: I love you too (complete w/ Cheshire Cat grin)
Me: You make me happy
LJ: Yea (in that I know tone)
Somebody is just so full of himself :)
7:11AM-LJ decides he has lain in bed long enough. Our exchange:
Me: "LJ, why don't you wake daddy up for once and have him entertain you this morning?"
LJ: "Because he won't get up." (Said in that tone of you should know better than to ask such a silly question)
OK-He's already one step ahead of me and we haven't even crawled out of the bed yet. This will be an interesting day I'm sure.
3 minutes later the coffee's perking and Punky slinks her way into the kitchen with us -my chances of watching the news have grown even dimmer- Obviously she is not ready for the day when she sleepily slides to the table and demands toast for breakfast. The ensuing echange between them:
LJ, Her always well mannered little brother: "What do you say after toast?"
Sierra: Death stare directed @ aforementioned well mannered child
LJ: "Thank you, you're supposed to say thank you"
Me: trying very hard to hold back the tears of hysterical laughter. After managing to compose myself, I remind well mannered child that please is the correct word.
After I get breakfast for the kids, I attempt to catch up on the message board I moderate-fat chance. Minutes after logging in, the herd comes a runnin. OK-TV will be a nice diversion. After a couple of minutes, the herd comes a runnin again. UGH!!!!!! Of course, had I sat down to watch the news there would have been a major meltdown because someone couldn't watch Wonder Pets. BTW-Wonder Pets is blaring in the living room while the herd is at my feet playing w/ the Cars collection. I don't even dare think about Fox News.
This has been a pretty uneventful week. The rain we got prevented a lot of outdoor activities like the pool, the backyard, the playground. We did manage to make it to the park yesterday after lunch. The kids played in the giant sandbox and then we took a nice walk to the pond while we (read I) flew our kites. One of the good things about Texas is the constant breeze we have. Sierra enjoyed leading us through the maze of wooded trails. I'm thinking a hike of the Appalachain Trail is in our future :)
Memorial Day turned out nice despite the rain. We were able to grill between showers and get the flag up. Les's parent & aunt came over along with our friends Liz and Matt. We're trying to sell Liz & Matt the lot next door to us since we're still sparsely populated in our phase of the subdivision ;)
I've been tackling insurance this past week. What a racket! There's more loopholes in insurance policies than there are in the tax code. They don't make it easy but I think we've managed to get everything straightened out. We got more coverage for less $, so that is a good thing.
Well, that's our week in a nutshell. I'm in the process of figuring out how to post pix & will get some up when I do.
The week ahead: VBS
Funny of the week: One night getting LJ to bed proved to be challenging. For whatever reason, he just couldn't fall asleep. He did have his eyes closed, so I would "test" to see if he had drifted off to sleep yet, by saying "good night" to him.
Me: Good night, Bubba
LJ: Good night
Me: I love you
LJ: I love you too (complete w/ Cheshire Cat grin)
Me: You make me happy
LJ: Yea (in that I know tone)
Somebody is just so full of himself :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home