A Day in the Life

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. " Ronald Reagan

My Photo
Name:
Location: Prosper, Texas, United States

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Something was bound to go wrong....

So much for everyone being healthy here, lately. LJ had a minor skin rash I was going to call in to the DR to discuss tomorrow and then we found this hideous, nasty looking lump on his back. It had started out as a small, raised area which was more than likely an insect bite of some sort. It has now progressed to this mass of nastiness that spreads from his spine to his side. Off to the urgent care we go-I really did not care to relax on the new swing we purchased last night.

Dr. J told us it was cellulitis and prescribed some heavy duty sulfa drugs. After spending the better part of the afternoon getting this prescription filled, we go home & administer a dose. 20 minutes later, LJ is swollen & broken out into hives. Guess sulfa drugs are no longer an option. You don't even want to know what we had to do to get the Benedryl into him. Back to the urgent care to verify everything is fine & we don't need to give him steroids. Dr. J lets us know that the cephalosporins aren't as great @ clearing up the infection but as long as the area doesn't absess, we should be OK. Wow-that's reassuring.

Keep your fingers crossed. I need another hospital stay like a hole in the head and I'm not so sure LJ is terribly thrilled either.

So-we will start a new antibiotic in the AM. Right before we go to VBS. Great. As if I needed anything else to worry about other than arts & crafts projects for 450 kids. Did I mention we're decorating backpacks? With fabric paint? Who decided turning 450 kids loose w/ fabric paint was a good idea??????????????????

How is that saying? stressed is desserts backwards????????????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home