I've got your back.....
In bully news, we've got a good one ;) Sierra and LJ were playing in our back yard with some of the neighborhood kids. One of the boys is 6-just a reminder, that means he's twice LJ's age and quite a bit bigger-and he & Sierra were disagreeing. Little boy's repsonse to disagreement was to push Sierra. Um-that won't fly here. LJ came running over and got between the two. He proceeded to shake his finger at the boy (which was hard to figure out how he could do it since he was right up in the boy's face as it was)while yelling at him "You don't push my sister" in his best I'm gonna kick your YKW if you do it again voice.
Even though I was obligated to point out that wasn't the best course of action, I have to admit I am secretly proud of my best guy for looking out for his sister. Les is thinking defenseman.
The kids really enjoyed the circus. Unfortunately we were unable to get any good pix. We were lucky enough to be able to sit right next to the confetti dispenser. The kids chowed down on popcorn, sno-cones and cotton candy while taking everything in. Sierra's favorite part was the food fight that the clowns had (go figure she'd lke the messiest part) and LJ's was the kitty portion. "Why can't we have a kitty mommy? Why, Why, Why?????????????????????????????"
We went to Hawaiian Falls on Wednesday as a before school starts treat. Sierra was having a blast in the wave pool, where they produce artificial waves. LJ is not really a water person and was ready to go home after two hours. Emily had a great time and she & I went on a slide called the Hawaiian Half Pipe: A two-person over-the-edge inner-tube-ride that propels riders straight-up, then backwards from a 40-foot drop. Let's just say that people with large toukasses should not get on this.
The girls start school on Monday. Emily picked up her schedule last Friday and of course there was a SNAFU. WIth her AP classes, she cannot take beginning band. Therefore the flute I purchased in May is no good to me. I am no longer banned from Ebay, LOL. So she'll have art & speech instead of art & band.
Sierra was able to meet her teacher, Mrs. Woodard, this past Friday. Mrs. W was our nabe's teacher last year and she highly recommended her. Hope fully this will be a good year! Sierra was so excited she insisted on buying her new teacher flowers. She's such a sweetie. We actually have a bus that comes thru our neighborhood but we're going to pass. She's hesitant to ride the bus (I'm not so sure I'm thrilled with that idea either) and there's no reason why we can't take her anyway. It's a surprise because we are within two miles of the school, so Texas law states the district isn't required to provide bus transportation.
The pneumonia has had more effects on Sierra as her reflux has now returned. She is back on Prevacid for the next 3 months and then we will re-evaluate. Sheesh-we can open our own drug store. She has been complaining for a while now that her stomach hurst and she began the meds on Thursday-so hopefully she'll have some relief in the next 3-4 days.
LJ is just waiting for the girls to spend the day at school.
Nothing else really going on in these parts. I'm sure we'll have some first day of school pix to share on Monday!
Even though I was obligated to point out that wasn't the best course of action, I have to admit I am secretly proud of my best guy for looking out for his sister. Les is thinking defenseman.
The kids really enjoyed the circus. Unfortunately we were unable to get any good pix. We were lucky enough to be able to sit right next to the confetti dispenser. The kids chowed down on popcorn, sno-cones and cotton candy while taking everything in. Sierra's favorite part was the food fight that the clowns had (go figure she'd lke the messiest part) and LJ's was the kitty portion. "Why can't we have a kitty mommy? Why, Why, Why?????????????????????????????"
We went to Hawaiian Falls on Wednesday as a before school starts treat. Sierra was having a blast in the wave pool, where they produce artificial waves. LJ is not really a water person and was ready to go home after two hours. Emily had a great time and she & I went on a slide called the Hawaiian Half Pipe: A two-person over-the-edge inner-tube-ride that propels riders straight-up, then backwards from a 40-foot drop. Let's just say that people with large toukasses should not get on this.
The girls start school on Monday. Emily picked up her schedule last Friday and of course there was a SNAFU. WIth her AP classes, she cannot take beginning band. Therefore the flute I purchased in May is no good to me. I am no longer banned from Ebay, LOL. So she'll have art & speech instead of art & band.
Sierra was able to meet her teacher, Mrs. Woodard, this past Friday. Mrs. W was our nabe's teacher last year and she highly recommended her. Hope fully this will be a good year! Sierra was so excited she insisted on buying her new teacher flowers. She's such a sweetie. We actually have a bus that comes thru our neighborhood but we're going to pass. She's hesitant to ride the bus (I'm not so sure I'm thrilled with that idea either) and there's no reason why we can't take her anyway. It's a surprise because we are within two miles of the school, so Texas law states the district isn't required to provide bus transportation.
The pneumonia has had more effects on Sierra as her reflux has now returned. She is back on Prevacid for the next 3 months and then we will re-evaluate. Sheesh-we can open our own drug store. She has been complaining for a while now that her stomach hurst and she began the meds on Thursday-so hopefully she'll have some relief in the next 3-4 days.
LJ is just waiting for the girls to spend the day at school.
Nothing else really going on in these parts. I'm sure we'll have some first day of school pix to share on Monday!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home