The week in review.
A busy week indeed. Ellie had try outs for the UIL one act play. She got the part of the princess, which according to her is the 3rd biggest role. She's had her nose in a script all week.
Sierra's been keeping busy with school. They're going on a field trip to the pumpkin patch on Tuesday. LJ & I will be in attendance as well. She's still holding onto that loose tooth, but barely. It should be out this weekend. We took her out for pizza tonight hoping it would jiggle out but no such luck. Actually it's probably a good thing since the TF didn't get to the bank today for a special tooth coin. She had art work on display @ the PTO meeting which was held on Tuesday.
Sierra is also becoming quite the musical wonder. Les showed her how to play some tunes on our piano. Simple, one handed stuff. She begins to use both hands-an octave apart. Les asked me if I showed her how & I told him no. One night this week, we're beginning dinner & she's at the piano. This time, she's harmonizing. Again-with no direction. Does she want to take lessons????? No, of course not.
Weather here is crazy hot! We got to turn the air off one day and then the temps soared into the 90s again. Here's a pic of the last of our crops. A big juicy cantaloupe! Unfortunately, I had to pick it a wee early since it began to split. The kids drove me nuts until I cut it. It's a little green but they don;t seem to care.
We still have some live tomato plants but they're not pollinating again so I'm sure we're done. Now we just have to work on the soil for next year.
Here's one of the bobsy twins
LJ really misses Sierra during the day so he's pretty willing to give in to her requests. In this pic he was sister Ashley. I like how she contrasts their outfits. Their latest roles are that of "Alpha Pig" and "Princess Presto". I just don't know where they come up with this stuff.
Sierra's been keeping busy with school. They're going on a field trip to the pumpkin patch on Tuesday. LJ & I will be in attendance as well. She's still holding onto that loose tooth, but barely. It should be out this weekend. We took her out for pizza tonight hoping it would jiggle out but no such luck. Actually it's probably a good thing since the TF didn't get to the bank today for a special tooth coin. She had art work on display @ the PTO meeting which was held on Tuesday.
Sierra is also becoming quite the musical wonder. Les showed her how to play some tunes on our piano. Simple, one handed stuff. She begins to use both hands-an octave apart. Les asked me if I showed her how & I told him no. One night this week, we're beginning dinner & she's at the piano. This time, she's harmonizing. Again-with no direction. Does she want to take lessons????? No, of course not.
Weather here is crazy hot! We got to turn the air off one day and then the temps soared into the 90s again. Here's a pic of the last of our crops. A big juicy cantaloupe! Unfortunately, I had to pick it a wee early since it began to split. The kids drove me nuts until I cut it. It's a little green but they don;t seem to care.
We still have some live tomato plants but they're not pollinating again so I'm sure we're done. Now we just have to work on the soil for next year.
Here's one of the bobsy twins


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home